POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Re: Reading the values of a object-parameter : Re: Reading the values of a object-parameter Server Time
17 May 2024 06:46:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Reading the values of a object-parameter
From: Oliver Jaxid
Date: 30 Aug 2003 11:26:58
Message: <3f50c242@news.povray.org>
Ken wrote:

> Oliver Jaxid wrote:
>

>>>This is the wrong group for this question.  This group is for discussion of
>>>the POV-Ray source code.  General questions about using the POV-Ray scene
>>>description language should be asked in either povray.general or
>>>povray.newusers.
>>
>>sorry, but this is wrong!
>>
>>the correct group about the povray-source-programming is
>>
>>=> povray.binaries.programming
>>
>>the group 'povray.programming', this group is for the discussions about
>>programming IN povray (macros, scripting, functions, aso.)
>>
>>so, i am right here
>

> I hope you realize that you just told one of the people who makes POV-Ray that
> he doesn't know what he is talking about.
>
> You are not correct. This group, povray.programming, is about discussions
> related to programming POV-Ray itself and has nothing to do with using the
> program. The group, povray.programming.binaries, is for sharing binary
> attachments related to programming changes in the source code of POV-Ray.
>
> ANY discussions related to USING POV-Ray should be taken to appropriate
> groups on this server. These would include povray.newusers, povray.general,
> and povray.advanced-users.
>
> As Thorsten already mentioned, you would be well advised to read everything
> in povray.announce.frequently-asked-questions so that you understand how our
> groups are structered and where best to post your questions.

ok, ok, i am wrong
(i 've readed the faq's now)

but i'am not the only one. minimum 50% of all articles in this group
then are beeing wrong placed cause not about pov-source-programming. and
this was the ground why i've posted here. so, i think that the names of
the groups for pov-news-noobs are a little bit diffuse.

sorry
oliver